House renovations - They can be costly, time-consuming, and stressful. And often times they end up taking longer, and costing more than you anticipated. They can cause stress not only on you personally, but on your entire family, as living through a renovation can be difficult.
For these reasons, it is very important that you choose wisely when you are deciding who you want to work with for a house renovation in Kalamazoo. Choosing the wrong company can lead to more stress, time and money for you before your project is complete.
How to find a good company for house renovations in Kalamazoo?
- Look at work samples. Most reputable contractors will have a portfolio of work samples that they can show you of previous work they have done. Looking through this, and discussing the timelines and cost are a great way to get an idea of what kind of a timeline and price range you might be looking at for your project. It can also help you to see whether the company has a similar style to what you are looking for.
- Ask for references. Any contractor or service person who does a solid job will be able to provide you with a list of references who you can contact. Make a list of questions you can ask these past clients, and don’t be afraid to ask for details. Home renovations can be a significant cost, and it’s important you feel comfortable with whatever company you choose to work with.
- Look online. References are great, but realistically most companies will give you references who they know are going to only say positive things. Sites like Yelp can potentially give you a more well-rounded view, as they are third-party owned, and not moderated. A company with a lot of bad reviews on a third-party site should be a red flag.
- Make sure they’re accredited. Accreditation from the Better Business Bureau is not something that a company can get easily, so if a company has it, it’s because they engage in honest and legal business practices, and haven’t had complaints. Most companies who are accredited by the BBB will post that information on their website, however if it isn’t there, check out the BBB site.
- Get multiple quotes. For something as big as a home renovation you never want to go with only one quote. While you may love the first company you see, and feel comfortable with them, it never hurts to get a second opinion. This may only confirm your choice of the first company, but it’s also important that you feel confident, not only that you’re getting a great price, but solid service.
Ready for house renovations in Kalamazoo? Call us!
Whether you are looking to do large or small renovations in Kalamazoo, you should call DD McClellan Consulting. We have years of experience, can provide you with a free estimate, solid references, and are BBB accredited. We would love to work with you to make your vision for your home a reality.
You can call DD McClellan Consulting at 1-866-726-2860 (Greater Kalamazoo) and 269-217-7999 (Michigan), or contact us through our website at www.mcclellanrenovationsandroofing.com.
D.D McClellan Consulting